You want to do what?
Ok, here's the deal....I am not recommending this! This is overwhelming and stressful and I would much rather you enjoy your wedding. But, I know some of you are not going to listen and you're going for it (I may can relate to being a little hard headed!). This lesson is for you. Here are my best tips for trying to conquer it all:
- PLANNING - Girl, you better plan, plan, and then plan some more. This is going to take very detailed scheduling and execution. (It sure is a good thing you're one Facebook post away from someone that's done this a time or two!)
- VENUE - Setting up is tough but not if you can get it done early. If you're DIY'ing it, you MUST have a venue that allows you to get in the day before (Thursday is even better).
- RENTAL - Some rental companies will set up the chairs and tables for you for an extra fee. This could be a huge help! But, if you are planning on tackling this, ask at least 4 friends or family members to help you do this on Friday (as early as possible). You will be thankful for the lesson on layouts! ;)
- FLORAL - Are you sure you want to tackle this? If you insist, HERE are a few tips. BTW, we do all of our own florals at Le Rae Events so feel free to ask me questions!
- DECORATING - I can't stress enough how important it is to do things ahead of time. A great way to conquer this part is to set it up days (even weeks) in advance for a trial run. Make each area (sign in table, cake table, food table, drink station) just like you want it and snap a Polaroid picture. Then, place all of the items for each station in a tote and tape that picture to the top. This way any friends or family that are helping you decorate will have a picture of what it is supposed to look like and you don't have to do it all!
- FAVORS - Same as above! Get this done way ahead of time!
- FOOD - LAWD child you are making me nervous! What if you enlisted the help of 10 family friends. Each one could be responsible for a certain dish and making sure that dish stayed full at the reception. Of course, if your mom does one you will need to find someone else to keep it full for her. :)
- MUSIC - Do you plan to be your own DJ? Whatever system you plan on using, check and then double check that it works. It wouldn't be a bad idea to have your tech savvy BFF to set it up for you and make sure everything is a go the day before the wedding.
- CLEAN UP - This is of course everyone's least favorite. Make sure you have friends and family to help. You and your new hubby need to be riding off into the sunset and your parents are going to be exhausted. Don't be scared to ask for help and make sure those that volunteer get a friendly reminder at least a week before the wedding. It's also not a bad idea to have a list of everything that needs to be done.